User Agreement for the Georgian Bay Land Trust (Georgian Bay Trust Foundation Inc.) Web Site
WELCOME TO THE GEORGIAN BAY LAND TRUST'S WEB SITE!
We've designed our Web site to be useful and informative. We hope we've succeeded -- and we hope you'll let us know how we can make it even better.
All we ask in return is that you abide by the Terms and Conditions that follow. Please read them carefully, because when you use our site, you automatically agree to them.
THANKS FOR VISITING!
Copyright © 2004 Georgian Bay Land Trust. All rights reserved.
The Georgian Bay Land Trust ("GBLT") either owns the intellectual property rights in the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on our web site, or has obtained the permission of the owner of the intellectual property in such content to use the content on our web site.
You agree not to re-use material from http://www.gblt.org or from any other World Wide Web site operated by GBLT. In particular, you agree not to copy, distribute, republish, upload, post, or transmit anything unless you get our written consent -- first.
There are two exceptions. As a member of the general public you may download material onto one computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you don't delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices. As a member of the media you may download news releases, photos, and collateral information provided for your use, provided you also don't delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices, and that you adhere to good business practices regarding the use and reproduction of such material.
But please don't modify the materials or use them for any other purpose; if you do, you'll be violating our intellectual-property rights.
GBLT grants to you a limited license to display on your computer, print, download and use the underlying HTML, text, audio clips, video clips and other content that is made available to you on our web site, for non-commercial (personal or educational) purposes only, provided that:
(a) you do not modify or misrepresent any such content; and
(b) you include with and display on each copy of such content the associated copyright notice and this limited license.
Content authorised for release to media can also be displayed, printed, downloaded and used in keeping with the normal practices governing the release of authorised material by other means.
No other use is permitted.
That means that we retain full and complete title to the software and to all of the associated intellectual-property rights. So you're not allowed to redistribute or sell the material -- or to reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert it to any other form that people can use. Normal exceptions regarding the reproduction and redistribution of media material would apply.
No rights, other than displays, are granted with respect to GBLT trademarks. Any unauthorised use of GBLT trademarks is strictly prohibited.
GBLT does not warrant the quality, accuracy or completeness of any claims, statements or information on our web site. Furthermore, GBLT makes no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained on this web site for any purpose. Such information is provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind. This web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
This disclaimer includes (but is not limited to) warranties:
* That the material is of any particular level of quality or fit for a particular purpose.
* That the functional elements contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free.
* That defects will be corrected.
* That our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
In addition to the above, you (and not GBLT) assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair, or correction.
We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Web sites from our sites. But we don't endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site. Check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in the GBLT site or have moved to another site.
GBLT will not accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials other than those it has specifically requested. Accordingly, we ask that you do not send us any such materials. If, despite this request, you do submit material to us:
This means that...
* We don't have to treat any such submission as confidential.
* You can't sue us for using the ideas you submit (including, but not limited to, product or advertising ideas).
* If we use them -- or anything like them -- we don't have to pay you or anyone else for them.
* We will have exclusive ownership of all present and future rights to submissions of every kind. We can use them for any purpose, without compensating you or anyone else for them. You agree not to assert any ownership right of any kind in your submission (including, but not limited to copyright, trade mark, unfair competition, moral rights, or implied contract) and you waive the right to receive any financial or other consideration in connection with such unsolicited submissions including, but not limited to, credit.
(2) You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submission you make -- in other words, you acknowledge that you (and not we) have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall GBLT be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available on this website.
THESE INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO) DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY:
* USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) THE SITES,
* USE OF (OR INABILITY TO USE) ANY SITE TO WHICH YOU HYPERLINK FROM OUR SITES,
* FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE,
* DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION,
* COMPUTER VIRUS, OR
* LINE FAILURE.
KEEP IN MIND THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING:
* DAMAGES INTENDED TO COMPENSATE SOMEONE DIRECTLY FOR A LOSS OR INJURY;
* DAMAGES REASONABLY EXPECTED TO RESULT FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (LEGALLY, "CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES");
* OTHER MISCELLANEOUS DAMAGES AND EXPENSES RESULTING DIRECTLY FROM A LOSS OR INJURY (LEGALLY, "INCIDENTAL DAMAGES").
FURTHERMORE, WE ARE NOT LIABLE EVEN IF WE'VE BEEN NEGLIGENT OR IF OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES -- OR BOTH.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in our sites are presented to provide information about GBLT and its programs.
GBLT controls and operates this site from its National Office in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We in no way imply that the materials on the site are appropriate or available for use outside Canada. If you use our site from locations outside Canada, you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Termination of this agreement
This agreement is effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate this agreement at any time, by destroying all materials obtained from all GBLT sites, along with all related documentation and all copies and installations.
GBLT may terminate this agreement at any time and without notice to you if, in its sole judgement, you breach any term or condition of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials.
In addition, by providing material on our Web site, we do not in any way promise that the materials will remain available to you. And GBLT is entitled to terminate all or part of any of its Web sites at any time, without notice to you.
Miscellaneous points about the terms and conditions of this user agreement
These Terms and Conditions, and the agreement they create, shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of Canada.
If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
GBLT may modify these Terms and Conditions, and the agreement they create, at any time, simply by updating this posting and without notice to you.
This is the entire agreement regarding all the matters that have been discussed in the preceding paragraphs.
© 2004 The Georgian Bay Land Trust. All rights reserved.